Friday, October 19, 2007

being a writer and a photographer

Ever since i turned in to a photographer....i forgot how to write...!!!...I have even forgotten how to enjoy the sight of beautiful things...infact,inspite of capturing some of the most beautiful images in the world,be it women or landscapes-I have hardly been able to 'experience' their beauty simply cos i am so engrossed in capturing it...Its like a love-n-hate relationship with my camera now...I come back and look at those images n when i want to write about them,I feel miserable cos i am unable to recall how I had felt at that visual treat-just because i never actually felt-I was too busy shooting it...

You can't be a writer and a photographer...?...I am asking myself this quite often these days...

You write about a beautiful thing or you shoot it?


...I guess I will have to start all over again cos atleast for now,the words fail me...

4 comments:

Suvarnika said...

you ought to be both honey

Anonymous said...

"""You can't be a writer and a photographer...?...I am asking myself this quite often these days..."""

i disagree...

you are both praveen...and equally good at both..

at times you write with shots and at times with thoughts..

keep asking your self more often than often..cause the result of it is a treat worth treating us with..

more intensity to your depth..
keep creating..
:))
:)
nupur....

Anonymous said...

actually you can be a writer and a photographer; in true sense you write first in your heart and then you look for the scene. when it is in perfect tune with your soul you shoot.

Shalini Rao Photography said...

This had to be the oldest post...look at you write so effortlessly now..... :)