Sunday, October 21, 2007

Freedom Flutter

I have known Shama for almost three years now...and the matter of fact is,this pic could have been shot only with her. We shot this around Independance Day hence this choice of colors- I wanted to use the 3 colors of independance but not use a flag,n relate to her energy,beauty,sparkling smile n the sense of freedom she projected in that gesture...'wings of freedom' or 'freedom flutter' (as titled by The Times of India when they published it)...the outcome was fantastic...

A one-take shot n till date one of my most fav.. technically though its a bit difficult to capture as pigeons fly around too quickly ,making it almost impossible to focus n shoot..

Shama is actually a pure soul( n i m not trying to flatter her!),enjoys life's small little blessings n that reflects beautifully in the way she spontaneously smiles. I personally feel she wasted herself by doing TV but now that she is doing Shashiranjan's Dhoom -Dhadaka opposite Sammir Dattani,may be after the release she gets her due credit...

Personally this pic is very close to my heart...it makes me smile everytime I see it, n ofcourse, this pic got me to shoot 12 cover pages of GR8! Mag...back to back..

2 comments:

i-luv-2-bitch sumtimes said...

lovely composition...and a beautiful picture..though personally I never found Shama as attractive as you talk about her

Neelesh said...

nice shot,very hi-energy.Love the girl too. Good work dude