Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mithun Chakraborty says Mumbai Tujhe Salaam

Mithun Chakraborty says Mumbai Tujhe Salaam

A year back i went to do a photoshoot for a friend at a bungalow at Madh Island-...as i walked in that bungalow which was still under construction, for the first time I saw in person-the man whom i had admired n fought for with many ppl over the years( ofcourse without him being aware of that fact)-Mithun Chakraborty - Mithun Da- a man so humble n polite that i was almost ashamed of having fought the auto-rickshaw guy outside his bungalow....

Almost a year later i shot with him for Filmfare mag-he asked me for a reference-and i told him its in my head as i hated copying a pic for a legend like him...the imp thing was that he trusted me-and luckily enough the accompanying journalist from the mag-Devesh- was quite a chilled out n non-interfering guy...

We had just about 20min to setup n get this shot n couple of other ones (which i will post soon) and quickly also took a video-shot for the promotional video of "Mumbai Tujhe Salaam'...which i have recorded with Kailash Kher and Shaan, though i still hate myself for allowing dada to walk so back on those sharp rocks where he ended up cutting his left foot n bleeding...but he just smiled at me n in that moment i knew why he is such a great man...its a different story that while trying to shoot another pic of him from deep waters,i almost got drowned with my camera..n he still smiled at me!!!---and i told him-dada u r my hero n i know you would save me if something happened!

Ever since then I have shot with him 4 times n its always a great feeling...

5 comments:

Suvarnika said...

superb shot...how long back was it taken?

Priya said...

this picture reflects perfection to the extreme....i may not b the rite person to analyse it but with my lil knowledege of photography i wld say it ROCKS!!!!!!!

sheena malhotra said...

I love the way you think and shoot... Mithun Chakraborty sure looks a killer even today.
Do you have a website I can visit?

pravin talan said...

well...we shot this just a few months back...sheena,my website would take another month i guess...but if u r on facebook then i got a few of my albums there...

Anonymous said...

I admire your works! Thank you! It is wonderful that you photographed Mithun Chakraborty! He's great! But tell me, where can see all your works with Mithun?